The 7 Benefits of Fuel Additives for Diesel Engines
Fuel injection system in diesel engines is at the heart of its functioning. However, this system can develop problems due to poor quality diesel. Extensive research, studies and testing have revealed wide gaps in the quality of diesel fuel available in different countries. Fuel of sub standard quality has the tendency to wear components, cause stickiness in valves and clog the filters. Additives and diesel fuel enhancement products were developed to resolve such issues. Premium, all season diesel fuel additives can work against almost all diesel fuel quality related problems.
Here are 7 ways in which diesel fuel additives help engines:
- Upgrade and stabilize fuel by minimizing the amount of sludge and fuel tank contaminants
- Cleanse and protect the fuel system components
- Eliminate varnish and other deposits from fuel tank to prevent plugging
- Enhance power and diesel fuel economy with cetane improvers
- Protect the engine against low sulfur fuels to reduce wear
- Help to eliminate water from fuel
- Offer hot and cold weather protection to the diesel engine
With an alcohol free formula, most fuel additives also help to protect diesel engine against corrosion. They become effective insurance against poor quality diesel fuel.